CYMC VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTIONS
- Maintains list of members including complete mailing addresses, phone numbers, email addresses and status of membership. A spreadsheet with the current list is supplied.
- Add new members as they join.
- Sends out reminders in the new year to renew membership.
- Willing to sit at the CYMC table in the lobby during our performance events to answer questions about CYMC and to sign up new members.
- Skills needed: Basic familiarity with computer spreadsheets (or willingness to learn), an email address.
- Time required: Minimal from August through June. In July, attend all performances (approx eleven) or find a substitute.
- A complementary season’s pass is provided.
- Maintains list of volunteers including complete mailing addresses, phone numbers, email addresses and status of volunteers. A spreadsheet with the current list is supplied. Also keep a record of what volunteers are prepared to do, ie. what kinds of jobs and what level of involvement.
- Liaise with Valley Links, New Comers Club and other Comox Valley clubs to recruit new volunteers.
Train new volunteers.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors, the office and camp staff and the raffle chairman to provide volunteers for events. These include the Festival of Summer Sounds, selling raffle tickets, helping with home concerts and any other events we will host, helping with office mail outs, work on the housing committee, establish a phone (or email) tree, transport students , help in the kitchen at camp, organize and run concession for concerts, or help on registration day.
- Skills needed: email (check daily), spreadsheet familiarity, ability to organize, communicate clearly, delegate and be a TEAM player. A background in human resources would be an asset.
- Time required: From August through May, one hour a week on average. June, about 5 hours a week. July 5-10 hours a week to manage (not do) volunteer activity.
- Two seasons passes are provided.
- Meet once a month, the 4th Thursday evening.. The Board is, at the moment, a working board as well as a governance board, and as such is actively engaged in the management of the organization.
- Skills needed: Computer documents, spreadsheets, email.
- Time required: Once a month for Board meeting, 3-4 hours. Daily: check emails and respond.
August through June: keeping up with emails on a daily basis, approximately ½ hour per day.
July: Be here for the Festival of Summer Sounds. Preparation and execution are done by paid office staff, camp staff and faculty. Board members are on call for any decisions or emergencies that might arise during the Festival.
- Establish points of sale with a few local store owners. Some of our prize donors are willing also to sell tickets. Monitor sales; pick up cash and deliver new supply of tickets as needed.
- Organize selling of tickets at various events. Work with Volunteer Coordinator on that. See spreadsheet for events.
- Be responsible for cash, floats. Reconcile cash with tickets sold. Deliver to office.
- Pick up unsold tickets that are at retail outlets before the draw at the end of July. Reconcile all tickets
Cash collected and make sure that all tickets are accounted for, both sold and unsold.
- Prepare for the draw by unstapling all sold books. This can be done with the Board’s help at the meeting where the winners are drawn.
- Phone all winners and arrange for them to pick up their prizes. Send list of winners to Kim Stubblefield for posting on website.
- If possible submit picture of winner receiving prize as press release to the newspapers.
- Two season’s passes are provided.